The family-friendly route runs through the scenic town of Kilmacthomas. The Waterford Greenway is 46KM in total, the average cyclist would need to give themselves about 6 hours to do the entire Greenway but we would recommend planning the full day.
This trail is great for road biking, running, and walking, and it’s unlikely you’ll encounter many other people while exploring. Dogs are welcome but must be on a leash.
Bikes can be rented from Waterford City, Dungarvan, and Kilmacthomas. For Kilmacthomas, you can find more details below.
- Waterford Greenway – https://www.waterfordgreenwaybikehire.com/greenway/kilmacthomas-hub.html
- The Greenway Man – http://www.thegreenwayman.com/contact/\
The Greenway runs through 6 different stages including the Kilmacthomas Greenway portion:
- Stage 1: Waterford City to Killoteran (7.5km)
- Stage 2: Killoteran to Kilmeadan (3km)
- Stage 3: Kilmeadan to Kilmacthomas (13.5km)
- Stage 4: Kilmacthomas to Durrow (12km)
- Stage 5: Durrow to Clonea Road (6km)
- Stage 6: Clonea Road to Dungarvan (4km)